copper production

Iran eyes 1 million tons of copper output in six years

Iran plans to increase its copper production to as much as 1 million tons within a six-year time span, according to the managing-director of the National Iranian Copper Industries Companies.

Mine and Industry

Minister says Iran has 7% of total world copper reserves

Iranian Minister of Industry, Mine, and Trade Reza Fatemi Amin has said that Iran’s current discovered copper reserves account for 7% of the total world reserves of the mineral.

Mine and Industry

Iran copper exports down 63% YoY in 7 months to October

Iran has seen its exports of copper products decrease significantly in the seven months to late October this year, shows a report, as curbs imposed at borders because of the coronavirus pandemic hits the country’s trade of the lucrative metal.

Mine and Industry

Iran’s NICICO copper output tops 700K tons in 7 months

The National Iranian Copper Industries Company and its subsidiaries produced an aggregate of 706,816 tons of copper concentrate during the first seven months of the current Iranian year

Mine and Industry

NICICO sales grow 33% YoY

The National Iranian Copper Industries Company’s sales stood at 91.62 trillion rials ($409 million) during the first four months of the current Iranian year (March 20-July 21) indicating a 33.21% rise compared with the corresponding period of last year.

Mine and Industry

Iran’s copper exports double to surpass $1 billion

Despite US sanctions, Iran has seen its copper exports doubled in the past calendar year ending March 19 reaching over $1 billion.

Mine and Industry

Demand for Iran’s copper outpaces supply despite US sanctions

The CEO of the National Iranian Copper Industry Company (NICICO) has said that for a first time in the country’s history the sector is facing a higher demand than current supply and output levels despite a series of American sanctions that seek to stifle Iran’s lucrative trade of metals.

Mine and Industry