Iran Afghanistan

Afghanistan eyes to export coal to Iran

Kabul will sign a contract with Tehran to export coal in the near future, Afghanistan’s industry and commerce minister said.

Mine and Industry

Iran to begin overseas mining in Afghanistan next month

Iran will initiate mining operations in Afghanistan’s Ghor Province within a month, local officials were quoted as saying by Fars News Agency.

Mine and Industry

Iran not concerned about decreased trade with Iraq, Afghanistan: Official

A reduction in Iran’s exports to Iraq and Afghanistan is not a source of concern and a roughly 80% of Iran’s trade is being made with its neighboring countries, said an Iranian trade official on Sunday.

Trade

US banking sanctions on Afghanistan cause 40% decline in trade with Iran

A recent report suggests that the volume of trade between Iran and Afghanistan has declined by 40% during the rule of Taliban in Kabul.

Trade

Iranian airline launches flights to Afghanistan

Kish Air, an Iranian semi-state airline, on Friday commenced its flights to Afghanistan, with the first flight landing in southern Kandahar province, Afghanistan’s Pajhwok news reported.

Transportation

Iran, Afghanistan discuss water, energy issues

Iran’s Minister of Energy, Ali Akbar Mehrabian, at the top of a delegation, on Wednesday paid a visit to Afghan capital Kabul and held meetings with the Taliban’s ministers of Energy and Water, Foreign Affairs, Information and Cultures and deputy Prime Minister, Mullah Baradar.

Energy

Iran-Afghanistan Joint Chamber of Commerce to launch a local branch in Bojnourd

A local branch of Iran-Afghanistan Joint Chamber of Commerce is set to open in Bojnourd, the capital city of the Iranian northeastern province of North Khorasan, according to Saeed Pourabadi, the chairman of Bojnourd Chamber of Commerce.

Joint Chambers

Afghanistan-Iran Joint Chamber of Commerce to open in Kabul soon

Hossein Salimi, the chairman of Iran-Afghanistan Joint Chamber of Commerce, said that a mirror chamber of commerce is due to open in Kabul soon and a branch of which will open in Herat simultaneously.

Trade

Iran private sector to form consortiums for overseas mining

Ebrahim Jamili, a member of Iran Chamber of Commerce, Industries, Mines, and Agriculture (ICCIMA) Board of Representatives, says the Iranian private sector plans to form consortiums for overseas mining in other countries.

Mine and Industry

Iran private sector welcomes investment in Afghanistan mining sector

Chairman of Iran-Afghanistan Joint Chamber of Commerce Hossein Salimi on Tuesday welcomed Iran’s investment in Afghanistan’s mining sector as good news for the private sector.

Mine and Industry