Tourism

Iran most affordable tourist spot in world: WEF report

The World Economic Forum’s "Travel & Tourism Competitiveness Report 2019" attributes Iran’s top ranking to low ticket taxes and airport charges, cheap fuel and high purchasing power.

Mine and Industry

Demand for Iran tours rising despite US falloff

With tensions between the US and Iranian governments escalating, tour operators report that some Americans are rethinking their travel plans. However travelers from other countries are undeterred, and interest in Iran continues to grow, according to a report by Skift.

Mine and Industry

Around 8 million tourists arrived in Iran in early 2019: Tourism Chief

Head of Iran’s government department on tourism says around eight million foreigners visited the country in the last Iranian calendar year ending in March 2019. "Some 7.8 million foreign tourists arrived in the country last year," said Ali Asghar Mounessan, adding that the figure shows a 40-percent year-on-year increase.

Mine and Industry

Iran sets sights on 2m Chinese tourists a year after visa drop

The Iranian authorities are seeking to attract up to two million Chinese tourists a year after Tehran decided to unilaterally revoke visa regime for citizens of the wealthy Asian country.

Mine and Industry

Iran officially stops stamping passports to attract more tourists

The Iranian president has authorised the interior ministry not to stamp foreign tourists’ passports to avoid the US retaliation and hike its own revenues from the tourism sector.

Mine and Industry

Why you should invest in Iran despite US sanctions

Iran is home to more than 80 million inhabitants, the majority of which are the young people. Considered a country as safe as the UK, Slovenia, Denmark and Switzerland, according to the Travel Risk Map 2019, Iran is not only a great place to visit but also offers a fertile ground for foreign investment. Huge mineral reserves, four different seasons, young and educated labour force are several of the appealing factors for foreign businesses. See for yourself why its still worth it investing in Iran.

Video

Iran’s city gears up for biggest Islamic tourism event

Tabriz in northwest Iran seeks to step out of the twilight with a spectacular gala which is set to attract heads of state, business leaders and gurus of the hospitality industry to the biggest tourism event of Muslims states in 2018.

Society Economy

10 reasons why you should visit Iran

Iran Chamber of Commerce, Industries, Mines and Agriculture has published a booklet on Iran’s tourism.

Society Economy

Iran world’s most affordable tourism destination

Iran’s tourism industry has been identified for a third straight year to have the most affordable prices in the world for foreign visitors.

Society Economy

Iran reports 30% rise in number of tourists

Iran says the number of tourists that visited the country last year increased by above 30 percent from a year earlier – what could be an indication that one of the world’s top travel destinations is already finding its lost flavor after the removal of sanctions.

Society Economy