steel production

Iran produces 70% of Middle East’s crude steel

Iran’s production of crude steel accounted for 70% of Middle East’s total output during the first five months of 2023, latest data released by the World Steel Association indicate.

Mine and Industry

Iranian steelmakers produce 3.3 million mt of products in May

Iran continued to churn out more steel in May despite a decline in the global steel output as the country moved up three places to seventh in the global ranking of large steel producers, according to figures by the World Steel Association (worldsteel).

Mine and Industry

Iran’s steel output at 30.6 million mt in 2022: Worldsteel

Iran produced as much as 30.6 million metric tons (mt) of steel in 2022 to remain the world’s 10th largest steel producer, according to a recent update by the World Steel Association (worldsteel).

Mine and Industry

Iran’s domestic use of steel posts significant rise

Iran’s consumption of steel has increased significantly in the two month to late May compared to the same period last year amid a surge in demand for domestically-produced steel in the country’s manufacturing sector.

Mine and Industry

87% of Iran’s steel output consumed domestically

Figures by Iranian Steel Producers Association (ISPA) show domestic demand for steel increased significantly in the 11 months to late February as steelmakers supplied some 87.8% of their products to domestic customers over the period.

Mine and Industry

Iran’s steel output hits nearly 5.1 million metric tons in two months

Iran saw its steel production increase by more than a fifth in January and February compared to the same period in 2022, according to figures by World Steel Association (worldsteel).

Mine and Industry

Iran moves upward to ninth biggest world steel producer in January

Iran has moved up one position to ninth in the world’s ranking of largest steel producers in January, according to figures by World Steel Association (worldsteel).

Mine and Industry

Iran exports 5.74 million tons of semi-finished steel products in 10 months

A total of 5.74 million tons of semi-finished steel products were exported from Iran during the first 10 months of the current fiscal year (March 21, 2022-Jan. 20) to register a 1% year-on-year decrease, latest data released by the Iranian Steel Producers Association show.

Mine and Industry

Iran’s steel production grows 8% to 30.6 million tons in 2022

Iran had the largest growth rate in steel production in the world in 2022, according to latest figures by the World Steel Association (worldsteel).

Mine and Industry

Iran targets $6-7 billion worth of steel exports in fiscal 2022-23

Iran aims to meet a target of $6-7 billion in steel exports in the year to March as the country ramps up domestic production amid a tight international market where demand for Iranian steel has kept rising.

Mine and Industry