petrochemical

Iran to invest $35 billion in petrochemical sector within five years

The Iranian vice president for science and technology announced that under the country’s Seventh Five-Year Development Plan (2022-26), $35 billion of investment will be made in the petrochemical industry.

Energy

Iran exports 17.5 million tons of petrochemical products in seven months

Iranian petrochemical plants exported 17.5 million tons of goods in the current fiscal year’s first seven months (March 21-Oct. 22), secretary-general of the Association of Petrochemical Employers Unions said.

Mine and Industry

Iran plans for annual 20 million tons of polymer output

The installed capacity for polymer production is expected to reach 20 million tons per year in the seventh five-year development plan (2022-27).

Mine and Industry

Iran exports $9 billion worth of petrochemicals in five months

Figures by the Iranian customs office (IRICA) show that sales of petrochemical products reached over $9.14 billion in the five months to late August.

Trade

Exports of Iranian polymer products grow by 23% YOY

The total direct and indirect exports of Iranian polymer products hit $3.32 billion over the past Iranian fiscal year to March 20 which shows a 23% increase in comparison to figures from the preceding year, according to a board member of Iran’s National Association for Polymer Industries.

Mine and Industry

Iran’s 10-month petrochemical output near 32 million tons, up 8% YOY

Iranian petrochemical production and exports grew by 8% and 5% respectively between July 2021 and April 2022, and reached 32 million tons and 22 million tons compared to a year ago.

Mine and Industry

Iran’s annual petrochemical export to hit $14 billion by yearend

The value of Iran’s annual petrochemical export is expected to reach $14 billion in the current Iranian calendar year (ends on March 20), the managing director of National Petrochemical Company (NPC) announced on Tuesday.

Energy

Petrochemicals, gas account for lion share of Iran’s non-oil exports

Natural gas, chemicals and downstream petrochemical products accounted for 58% of Iran’s non-oil export value during the first eight months of the current fiscal year (March 21-Nov. 21), the head of the Iranian Oil, Gas and Petrochemical Products Exporters Union said.

Trade

Iran plans 33 projects to raise petrochemical production capacity

Several projects have been planned to add 3.5 million tons to the country’s petrochemical production capacity, of which 60% or 2 million tons belong to the propylene chain, director of planning and development at the National Petrochemical Company said.

Macro Economy

Iran earns $9bn from petrochemicals exports in one year

A senior official at Iran’s National Petrochemical Company (NPC) says exports of petrochemicals were responsible for a fourth of all non-crude shipments exported from the country in the year to late March.

Energy