auto industry

SAIPA launches car parts domestic production initiative to fend off sanctions

The Iranian automaker says the initiative is part of its plans to reduce the effect of unilateral US sanctions that have disrupted production lines. It will also help boost production, the group says.

Mine and Industry

French Renault could come back to Iran ’in future’

Renault could get back to business in Iran in 2020 should democrats win presidential elections and re-enter the US into the 2015 nuclear deal and remove sanctions. However, it’s hard to predict how the new US political scene will unfold next year.

Trade

Mercedes-Benz to resume Iran production soon

Mercedes-Benz, a division of Daimler AG, will resume production of cars in Iran from the beginning of the new Persian year in March, ISNA news agency has reported.

Macro Economy

Iran, Renault sign €660m deal

French carmaker Renault has signed a much-awaited agreement with Iran to produce more than 150,000 cars a year in the country – what is already being described as the Islamic Republic’s biggest ever auto deal.

Mine and Industry

Germany’s Volkswagen picks Iran partner

Germany’s Volkswagen says it has picked a local Iranian auto company to represent it in one of the biggest markets of the Middle East.

Transportation

Frances PSA Group to carry out Iran plans despite US threats

Frances auto giant PSA Group says it is pushing ahead with a plan to invest in Iran’s auto industry despite an increased anti-Iran rhetoric by the United States under President Donald Trump.

Transportation

​PSA vows ‘central’ regional role for Iran

French auto giant Peugeot Citroen PSA says it has serious plans to make Iran a “central” production hub in the Middle East.

Mine and Industry

PSA wins second Iran production deal for Citroen brand

PSA Group unveiled a second Iranian manufacturing deal on Thursday as the French carmaker seeks to reclaim the leading position it once enjoyed in the Middle Easts biggest auto market.

Mine and Industry