Mines

Iran’s mineral export exceeds $7.4 billion in 7 months

Iran exported more than $7.4 billion worth of mining and mineral products in the first seven months of the current Iranian calendar year (March 21 – October 22), official report says.

Mine and Industry

Iran’s Q1 exports of mining products at $3.3 billion

Iran has exported some 15.812 million metric tons (mt) worth as much as $3.32 billion of mining products in the first three months of the current calendar year (March 21–June 21), an official report says.

Mine and Industry

Iran aluminum output at over 112k mt in April-May

Iran’s four aluminum smelters have produced 112,767 metric tons (mt) of aluminum ingots in the first two months of the Iranian calendar year (starting on March 21, 2023).

Mine and Industry

Iran-Oman mineral trade tops $790 million in one year

Iran and Oman traded 2.33 million tons of minerals and mining products worth $796 million in the fiscal 2022-23 (ended March 20), data released by the Iranian Mines and Mining Industries Development and Renovation Organization (IMIDRO) show.

Trade

Iran discovers first lithium reserve

Iran has announced the discovery of its first lithium ore deposit amid extensive exploration activity in the country’s metals and mining sector.

Mine and Industry

Iran exports over 700,000 tons of sponge iron in 10 months

As announced by Iranian Steel Producers Association (ISPA), 744,000 tons of sponge iron were exported in the first ten months of the current Iranian calendar year (March 21, 2022-January 20, 2023).

Mine and Industry

Iran nearly cuts iron ore exports amid rising domestic demand

Iran has cut its iron ore exports to almost zero in nearly a decade amid a major expansion in domestic steel manufacturing that has led to an increase in demand for ore.

Mine and Industry

Iran’s exports of mining products surge 35 million tons in nine months

Iran’s exports of mining products topped 35 million tons in the first nine months of the Iranian calendar year (March 21 – December 21, 2022).

Mine and Industry

Iran gov’t to sell 5,000 small, medium-sized mines to private sector

Iran plans to auction thousands of small and medium-sized mines as part of its efforts to create more jobs and spur more activity in its booming metals and mining sector.

Mine and Industry

Mining responsible for 27% of Iran’s non-oil exports

The Iranian customs office (IRICA) says mining exports was so lucrative over the calendar year to late March that it beat government expectations and became a major source of earning hard currency for the country.

Mine and Industry