Textile industry

Iran, China ink MoU for textile cooperation

Officials from Iran and China signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) in the fields of textile industry and clothing.

Mine and Industry

Iran annual textile exports at $113 million

Iran exported some $113 million worth of textile products in the last Iranian fiscal year (ended on March 20), according to an official with the knowledge of the issue.

Mine and Industry

Private sector opens Iran’s second black chador factory in Isfahan

Iran’s second black chador (a full-body piece of fabric used by some Muslim women to cover the body while leaving the face uncovered) production factory was recently inaugurated in Isfahan Province.

Mine and Industry

Iran seventh biggest global exporter of textile flooring

The ranking does not take into account the export of machine-made carpets, otherwise Iran would be the world’s fifth biggest exporter of textile floorings

Trade

Iran textile exports up 6% in value in 2018: Official

The main exported items were carpets, rugs, tissue paper as well as packaging materials. Iranian companies found their export destinations despite unilateral US sanctions that have caused huge problems for funds transfer.

Mine and Industry

Iran, Bangladesh seek special payment channel to skirt dollar transactions

The South East Asian country is the world’s larges exporter of kenaf, widely used in global textile industry. However, the product’s exports to Iran have seen a sharp fall since the US reimposed sanctions on Iran last November. Two countries are looking to circumvent dollar in their financial dealings.

Financial Markets