medicine

Iran keeps subsidies for import of wheat, medicines until March

The government may decide to remove certain commodities from the list of imports entitled to subsidized dollar at the rate of 42,000 rials, but it is certain that wheat and medicines will remain in the list until the end of the current fiscal year (March 2022), says the head of parliament’s Budget Reform Committee, Mohsen Zanganeh.

Macro Economy

Iranian gov’t to end subsidies for medicine imports

The government will put on end to paying subsidized foreign currency to import pharmaceuticals, the health minister said.

Macro Economy

Low imports, smuggling reason for shortage of insulin pens in Iran: Official

Iranian health authorities say lower imports and a heavy subsidy system which has spurred smuggling of drugs out of the country are to blame for a recent shortage of insulin pens.

Society Economy

‘98% of Iran’s pharmaceuticals produced domestically’

The country has embarked on a path to boost its knowledge-based companies in a bid to diversify its revenues and reduce its dependence on oil. Such companies have had a significant role in meeting the medical sector’s internal needs.

Macro Economy

Sanctions cause epilepsy medication shortage

The US Treasury says the renewed economic punitive measures do not impede humanitarian aid for Iran but with less and less European banks willing to accept financial transactions with Iran, food, medicine and medical equipment imports have been disturbed.

Trade

Iran looks to import medicine from Brazil, India

Tehran wants to offset possible shortages of certain medicine following the US sanctions by luring investment from Brazil and India.

Mine and Industry

Iran offers incentives to lure Indian pharmaceutical investment

Tehran is seeking to expand its economic ties with India after the latter invested in Iran strategic southern port of Chabahar. New Delhi has been offered to invest in Irans pharmaceutical production.

Mine and Industry

Iran, first MidEast country to join Int’l pharmaceutical regulatory body

In a bid to increase the quality of the medicine produced in Iran, the country has been allowed as an observer member into the ICH, which oversees pharmaceutical production all over the world.

Mine and Industry