Tourism

Iran tourism arrival down 72% in 8 months

Iran’s tourist arrivals saw a decline of 72% in the first eight months of 2020, according to the latest data of World Tourism Organization.

Society Economy

Tourism key component of 25-year Sino-Iranian strategic pact

An Iranian official says enhancing cooperation and investments in the tourism sector is a key component of the 25-year partnership agreement which Tehran and Beijing are working to finalize.

Modern Enterprise

Iran to open century-old palace to tourists

A century-old palace known for its pure Iranian architecture is set to open to the public after more than 40 years of closure.

Society Economy

Iran launches Tabriz-Jolfa free tourist train

Iran has launched a free tourists train between the northwestern cities of Tabriz and Jolfa. The five-railcar train with the capacity of 400 passengers will carry tourists in both directions on a daily schedule.

Society Economy

Iran tourist arrivals surge despite sanctions

The number of international visitors to Iran has surged for the past two calendar years despite a series of sanctions imposed by the United States that have sought to isolate the country at the global level.

Society Economy

Iran most affordable tourist spot in world: WEF report

The World Economic Forum’s "Travel & Tourism Competitiveness Report 2019" attributes Iran’s top ranking to low ticket taxes and airport charges, cheap fuel and high purchasing power.

Mine and Industry

Demand for Iran tours rising despite US falloff

With tensions between the US and Iranian governments escalating, tour operators report that some Americans are rethinking their travel plans. However travelers from other countries are undeterred, and interest in Iran continues to grow, according to a report by Skift.

Mine and Industry

Around 8 million tourists arrived in Iran in early 2019: Tourism Chief

Head of Iran’s government department on tourism says around eight million foreigners visited the country in the last Iranian calendar year ending in March 2019. "Some 7.8 million foreign tourists arrived in the country last year," said Ali Asghar Mounessan, adding that the figure shows a 40-percent year-on-year increase.

Mine and Industry

Iran sets sights on 2m Chinese tourists a year after visa drop

The Iranian authorities are seeking to attract up to two million Chinese tourists a year after Tehran decided to unilaterally revoke visa regime for citizens of the wealthy Asian country.

Mine and Industry

Iran officially stops stamping passports to attract more tourists

The Iranian president has authorised the interior ministry not to stamp foreign tourists’ passports to avoid the US retaliation and hike its own revenues from the tourism sector.

Mine and Industry