steel production

Iran becomes world’s 7th top steel producer in November

Iran moved up three places in the global ranking of top steel producers to seventh position in November with a total output of 2.9 million metric tons (mt), according to a report published in the local media.

Mine and Industry

Iran’s 11-month steel output nears 28 million tons

Iran has produced roughly 28 million tons of steel in the first 11 months of 2022, according to a recent report by the World Steel Association.

Mine and Industry

Iran exports $3.1 billion worth of steel products in seven months

Iran exported 5.6 million tons of steel (ingot and downstream products) worth $3.14 billion in the first seven fiscal months (March 21-Oct. 22), the latest data released by the Iranian Mines and Mining Industries Development and Renovation Organization show.

Mine and Industry

Iran produces 22.2 million tons of crude steel in nine months

Iranian steel mills produced a total of 22.2 million tons of crude steel during from the beginning of this year to the end of September, registering a 9.8% rise compared with the corresponding period of 2021, the World Steel Association said in its latest report.

Mine and Industry

21.7% of Iranian steel exports bound for Iraq in six months

Iraq was the largest customer of Iran’s overseas steel shipments in the six months to September 22, according to figures by Iran’s state-run mining and metals holding IMIDRO.

Mine and Industry

Significant growth in Iran’s steel production in five months

Iranian steelmakers registered solid growth in production in the first five months of the current fiscal year (March 21-Aug. 22) compared with last year’s corresponding period.

Mine and Industry

Iran’s steel output in July up 34.1% YOY

Iran’s crude steel production in July rose 34.1% from a year earlier to 2 million metric tons (mt), World Steel Association data shows.

Mine and Industry

Iran’s iron ore pellet output hits 12.7 million tons in four months

The iron ore pellet output of local steel mills stood at 12.78 million tons in the first four months of the current fiscal year (March 21-July 22), registering a 7% rise in output compared with the same period of last year, new data released by the Iranian Steel Producers Association show.

Mine and Industry

Iran’s H1 crude steel output down 10.8% YOY to 13.6 million tons

Iranian steel mills produced a total of 13.6 million tons of crude steel during the first half of 2022, registering a 10.8% decline compared with the corresponding period of 2021.

Mine and Industry

Iran’s five-month steel output at 11.4 million tons

Iranian steel mills produced a total of 11.4 million tons of crude steel in the first five months of 2022, registering a 10.8% decline compared with the corresponding period of 2021.

Mine and Industry