steel production

Major growth in Iran’s one-month exports of steel ingots

Iran exported some 1 million tons of steel products, the lion share of which is the exports of steel ingot, according to the latest statistics by the Iranian Steel Producers Association (ISPA).

Mine and Industry

Iran’s four-month steel output down 8.9%

Iranian steel mills produced a total of 9.1 million tons of crude steel in the first four months of 2022, registering an 8.9% decline compared with the corresponding period of 2021.

Mine and Industry

Iran’s annual steel output at 53 million tons

Major Iranian steel mills produced over 53.2 million tons of raw steel and different steel products in the fiscal year to March 20, according to statistics released by the Ministry of Industry, Mine and Trade.

Mine and Industry

Iran exports $7.4b of steel to 59 countries

A total of 11.69 million tons worth $7.41 billion of steel were exported to 59 countries in fiscal 2021-22 (ended March 20), according to the Iranian Mines and Mining Industries Development and Renovation Organization (IMIDRO).

Mine and Industry

Iran exports over 3.4 million tons of steel products in a year

Iran exported 3.406 million tons of steel products in the past Iranian calendar year 1400 (ended on March 20), Iranian Mines and Mining Industries Development and Renovation Organization (IMIDRO) has announced.

Mine and Industry

Iran’s three-month crude steel output nears 7 million tons

Iranian steelmakers cast 6.9 million tons of crude steel in the first three months of 2022, marking a 4.4 percent drop compared to the corresponding figure for 2021, according to figures released by the World Steel Association (WSA).

Mine and Industry

Iran’s cast iron, dried coke output sets new record

Minister of Cooperatives, Labor, and Social Welfare Hojjat Abdolmaleki in a message stressed that the record of producing cast iron and dry coke of the last 50 years has been broken.

Mine and Industry

Iran imposes 18% tariff on exports of raw steel, cement

Iran’s ministry of trade (MIMT) has imposed a tariff of 18% on exports of raw steel, cement and some key metals to prevent supply shortages and price rises that could cause problems for local industries.

Mine and Industry

Iran makes biggest growth among top 10 world steelmakers

Iran has made the biggest growth in steel production among the world’s top ten steel producers in the first two months of 2022.

Mine and Industry

Iran’s 11-month steel exports up 17% YOY

Official figures suggest that Iranian steel exports have ramped up in the 11 months to February 19.

Mine and Industry