Domestic Economy

Foreign investment in Iranian industry, mine and trade sectors more than doubled

The total volume of foreign investment in Iranian industry, mine and trade sectors grew by 135.9% in the first 10 months of the fiscal year (March 21, 2021 – January 20, 2022), according to the latest statistics released by the Ministry of Industry, Mine and Trade.

Mine and Industry

Iran’s net jobs up by 122,100 in Q3: Report

Iran added a net 122,100 formal jobs in the third quarter of the Iranian calendar year (October 22 December 21, 2021), showed a report in the local media which insists the figure is one of the best on record since the country started to feel the economic impacts of the coronavirus pandemic and the US sanctions more than two years ago.

Macro Economy

World Bank revises up Iran’s 2021 GDP growth rate by 1% to 3.1%

The World Bank has revised up its estimate of economic growth in Iran for 2021 as figures provided in the Bank’s latest report show Iran’s gross domestic product (GDP) rose by 3.1% last year.

Macro Economy

Iran’s GDP growth hit 4.2% in second quarter

The Statistical Center of Iran says GDP grew by 4.2% in the second quarter of the current fiscal year (June 22-Sept. 22).

Macro Economy

Iran’s Q1-3 tax earnings surge by 60%

The Iranian National Tax Administration’s earnings grew by 60% in the three quarters of the current fiscal year (March 21-Dec. 21) compared to the corresponding period of last fiscal year, says the deputy head of INTA.

Macro Economy

’Iran government strongly seeking expansion of trade with world’

Vice President of Iran for Economic Affairs Mohsen Rezaei has said the government is strongly pursuing new strategies to open new ways for the expansion of trade with the world, the portal of Iran’s Trade Promotion Organization (TPO) reported.

Trade

Iran tax income hits $6.6 billion in 8 months

The National Iranian Tax Administration earned 1,980 trillion rials ($6.6 billion) from taxation during the current fiscal year’s first eight months (March 21-Nov. 21), says the head of the organization, Davoud Manzour.

Macro Economy

Iran submits bill to dismantle heavily subsidized exchange rate

The administrative government in Iran has introduced a bill in parliament to remove a heavily subsidized exchange rate which is used to fund imports of staples and medicine into the country.

Macro Economy

Iran’s wheat imports at record levels amid fall in domestic crop

The Government Trading Corporation (GTC) of Iran says wheat imports into the country would reach record levels in the calendar year to March amid a sharp fall in domestic crop which has been caused by drought as well as by price issues.

Trade

Iran’s shoe industry thriving with ban on imports

Iran’s shoe industry has grown rapidly in the past three years as manufacturers eye to capture a major share of the export markets in neighboring countries.

Mine and Industry