Minerals and raw materials

Iran’s metals exports to China up 150% YOY

A new report shows that Iran’s export of various metals and mining products to China have significantly increased this year amid government efforts to broaden its access to new sources of hard currency at a time of increased American pressure on the oil industry.

Mine and Industry

Factbox: Little global impact expected from US sanctions on Iranian metals sectors

The US government slapped sanctions on Iranian metals and some mining industry as part of its campaign to cut Iran’s non-oil revenues. But, this S&P Global Platts factobox shows such measures will have very marginal impact on the country’s sectors.

Mine and Industry

Analysis: US sanctions seen having little impact on Iran steel exports, but will hit imports

Recent punitive measures on Iranian meals and minerals is not expected to yield desired results as the sectors have previously been under US sanctions.

Mine and Industry

‘US sanctions on Iranian metals won’t hurt exports’

An executive order by Donald Trump about sanctioning exports of several Iranian metals will have very little impact and is nothing new for the Iranian producers.

Mine and Industry

Turkey buys over $400m worth of Iranian minerals to become top importer

Stones, clay, bricks, tiles and carbon are the most favoured raw materials that Ankara bought from Iran during the April-November period.

Mine and Industry