steel production

Iran steel output down 8.6% in nine months

Iranian steel mills produced a total of 19.3 million tons of crude steel in the first nine months of 2021, which indicate an 8.6% decline compared with the corresponding period of 2020.

Mine and Industry

Iran’s H1 steel ingot exports up 36%

Iran’s export of steel ingots increased 36 percent during the first half of the current Iranian calendar year (March 21-September 22), as compared to the same period of time in the past year.

Mine and Industry

Iran steel export to Afghanistan halted, may resume in weeks

Iran’s exports of steel to neighboring Afghanistan have been suspended amid the current political and logistical turmoil in Afghanistan, Iranian steel industry sources told S&P Global Platts.

Trade

Iran steel output up nearly 10% yoy in Jan-July

Iran has recorded nearly 10% increase in its steel output in the seven months since the start of this year, according to a report citing figures by the World Steel Association (WSA).

Mine and Industry

Iran’s steel output target of 55 mtpa within reach

A report shows a steel output target of 55 million tons per annum (mtpa) is well within reach for Iran as the country seeks to become the world’s seventh largest steel producer by 2025.

Mine and Industry

China using Iranian technology for steelmaking

A major Chinese steel manufacturing company has introduced a technology developed in Iran to boost its output and improve its environmental credentials.

Mine and Industry

Iran 10th in world steel output in Q1 2021

Iran ranked 10th in the global steel output in the first quarter this year, says a report by the country’s state-run metals and mining conglomerate IMIDRO citing figures from the World Steel Association (worldsteel).

Mine and Industry

Iran’s steel exports in December up 35% yoy

Iran exported 35 percent more of its steel products in the calendar month to late December compared to the similar month in 2019, shows a report, as the country’s trade of lucrative metals starts rebounding after months of reduced activity because of the pandemic.

Trade

Iran’s steel output up 12.7% in 11 months: Worldsteel

Iranian steel mills produced a total of 26.36 million tons of crude steel during the first 11 months of 2020, which indicate a 12.76% rise compared with the corresponding period of 2019, the latest report released by the World Steel Association shows.

Mine and Industry

China top buyer of Iran steel in 5 months to August

China was by far the top buyer of Iranian steel in the first five months of the current calendar year ending August 21, shows figured provided by Iran’s customs office (IRICA).

Mine and Industry