steel production

Iran’s Chadormalu steel mill sets all-time output record

Daily crude steel output at a major Iranian mill has reached an all-time high of 3,887 metric tons, a sign that the industry is working despite being hit by US sanctions.

Mine and Industry

Iran crude steel output up 13.2% in Q1 2020

Iran has produced a total of 6,750,000 tons of crude steel during the first three months of 2020, which indicates a 13.2% rise compared with last year’s corresponding period.

Mine and Industry

Iran’s metals industry already sanctioned, new sanctions irrelevant: Traders

Iranian traders say the new round of sanctions would not cause any substantial change in the country’s steel production because the whole metals industry have previously been sanctioned by the US.

Mine and Industry

Iran’s steel exports up by %23.5 YoY in November

Iran’s exports of various steel products increased by nearly a quarter in the eight-month period ending in late November 2019, a report shows.

Mine and Industry

Iran’s crude steel output rises 5% YoY in October

Iran has increased production of various types of steel, including the crude steel, between late March and late November this year compared to the similar period in 2018 despite sanctions imposed by the United States that have specifically targeted Iran’s production and trade of metals.

Mine and Industry

Iran, 10th biggest global steel producer: Report

Iran aims to become the world’s sixth largest steel producer as per the 20-Year Vision Plan, which targets annual production capacity expansion to 55 million tons and 20-25 million tons of exports per year by 2025. Iranian steel mills have so far realized 34 million tons of the capacity target.

Mine and Industry

Should Iran private sector invest in failed Pakistan Steel Mills?

Islamabad is studying plans to privatise its bankrupt steel maker. But, it needs over $100m and such huge investment is hard to come by in cash-stripped Pakistan. Iran Chamber Newsroom analyses if Iranian private steel makers should invest in PSM.

Mine and Industry

Factbox: Little global impact expected from US sanctions on Iranian metals sectors

The US government slapped sanctions on Iranian metals and some mining industry as part of its campaign to cut Iran’s non-oil revenues. But, this S&P Global Platts factobox shows such measures will have very marginal impact on the country’s sectors.

Mine and Industry

Analysis: US sanctions seen having little impact on Iran steel exports, but will hit imports

Recent punitive measures on Iranian meals and minerals is not expected to yield desired results as the sectors have previously been under US sanctions.

Mine and Industry

‘US sanctions on Iranian metals won’t hurt exports’

An executive order by Donald Trump about sanctioning exports of several Iranian metals will have very little impact and is nothing new for the Iranian producers.

Mine and Industry