automotive

Iran’s Q1 tire output crosses 6 million

Iranian domestic tire manufacturing companies produced 65,353 tons of tires in the first quarter of the current fiscal year (March 21-June 21), IRNA reported.

Macro Economy

Iran lifts curbs on car imports to control prices

Iran’s top legislative body has approved a parliament law that allows unlimited imports of brand-new and second-hand cars into the country amid efforts by the government to contain rampant prices of the domestically-produced cars.

Mine and Industry

Iran’s private sector auto output up 96% YOY in March-June

The Iranian private sector automakers have produced nearly 67,000 vehicles in the first three months of the current calendar year (March 21 – June 21), according to a report by IRNA news agency.

Mine and Industry

Iran’s Q1 auto output at 325k: Official

Iran produced some 325,000 cars in the first three months of the current calendar year (March 21 – June 21), according to a senior official with the country’s Ministry of Industry, Mine and Trade (MIMT).

Mine and Industry

Iran Khodro reports record daily output

Iran’s largest carmaker the IKCO has reported a record daily output figure amid efforts in the company to improve production processes.

Mine and Industry

IKCO reports near-record sales

Iran’s leading automotive company says it is reaching a record in annual output in the final days of the current calendar year.

Mine and Industry

Iranian ministry, car manufacturers seal $60m deal to produce spare parts

The Ministry of Industry, Mine and Trade (MIMT) says the agreement will stop a capital flight of $85m per year as Tehran moves to cushion the effect of unilateral US sanctions.

Mine and Industry

Iranian, Italian auto parts producers to exchange through barter trade

Manufacturers of auto parts from Iran and Italy have proposed that through barter system they can have trade exchanges to offset the effects of unilaterla US sanctions.

Mine and Industry

SAIPA launches car parts domestic production initiative to fend off sanctions

The Iranian automaker says the initiative is part of its plans to reduce the effect of unilateral US sanctions that have disrupted production lines. It will also help boost production, the group says.

Mine and Industry

PSA signs JV deal with Iran Khodro

French carmaker PSA Peugeot Citroen says it has signed a final agreement with Iran Khodro to form a joint venture to produce vehicles in Iran.

Mine and Industry