auto industry

Iran president disallows increased prices of assembled cars

Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi has banned imposition of higher prices on assembled cars.

Mine and Industry

Iran’s Q1 tire output crosses 6 million

Iranian domestic tire manufacturing companies produced 65,353 tons of tires in the first quarter of the current fiscal year (March 21-June 21), IRNA reported.

Macro Economy

Iran lifts curbs on car imports to control prices

Iran’s top legislative body has approved a parliament law that allows unlimited imports of brand-new and second-hand cars into the country amid efforts by the government to contain rampant prices of the domestically-produced cars.

Mine and Industry

Iran’s private sector auto output up 96% YOY in March-June

The Iranian private sector automakers have produced nearly 67,000 vehicles in the first three months of the current calendar year (March 21 – June 21), according to a report by IRNA news agency.

Mine and Industry

Iran’s Q1 auto output at 325k: Official

Iran produced some 325,000 cars in the first three months of the current calendar year (March 21 – June 21), according to a senior official with the country’s Ministry of Industry, Mine and Trade (MIMT).

Mine and Industry

First plug-in hybrid by Iran’s Saipa to hit market by March

Iran’s second largest carmaker Saipa says its first plug-in hybrid electric vehicle (PHEV) will hit the market in the calendar year to late March 2024.

Mine and Industry

Iranian carmakers raise prices by nearly 30%

Iranian automotive companies have raised the prices of their products by an average of 29%, according to the CEO of Iran’s second largest carmaker Saipa.

Mine and Industry

Iran sets 1.6-million car output target for this year

Iranian automotive companies are expected to hit a record target of 1.6 million vehicles in collective output in the calendar year to late March 2024, according to the country’s industries minister.

Mine and Industry

Iran’s last year auto output hits all-time record

Iran’s vehicle production hit an all time record high in the calendar year to late March despite a significant reduction in the production of foreign brands under the complete knock down (CKD) arrangement.

Mine and Industry

Iran set to export 45,000 cars to Belarus in three years

Iranian Minister of Industry, Mine, and Trade Reza Fatemi Amin said that Iran and Belarus have signed an agreement for exports of some 45,000 Iranian cars to the country within three years.

Mine and Industry