auto industry

Iran’s IKCO unveils first all-electric car

Iran’s largest car manufacturer the IKCO has unveiled its first all-electric car for a commercial launch in March 2023.

Mine and Industry

Iranian automaker begins exports of two products to Armenia

Major Iranian automaker Iran Khodro Company (IKCO) has begun the exports of two products to neighboring Armenia.

Mine and Industry

Yerevan welcomes setting up Iranian auto production line in Armenia

Alireza Peimanpak, Head of Iran’s Trade Promotion Organization and a Deputy Minister of Industry, Mine and Trade, proposed setting up an Iranian auto production line in Armenia which was welcomed by his Armenian counterpart.

Mine and Industry

Major Iranian carmakers agree to jointly make budget car

An agreement have been signed between Iran Khodro Company (IKCO) and Saipa Group, the two major Iranian carmakers, for joint production of a budget car.

Mine and Industry

Iran allows €1bn worth of car imports after four-year ban

The Iranian government has finally authorized a law allowing the imports of finished cars more than four years after the country imposed a ban on such imports to protect local car manufacturers and to cut back on hard currency spending.

Trade

Iran, Russia sign major deals on automative cooperation

Iranian automotive companies and their counterparts in Russia have signed some $700 million worth of deals to expand their cooperation at a time the two countries are shoring up their defenses against Western sanctions.

Mine and Industry

Iranian minister says chance of MIMS Automobility Moscow has to be seized

Iran’s Minister of Industry, Mine, and Trade Reza Fatemi Amin said on Saturday that presence in MIMS Automobility Moscow 2022 provides a chance for offering high-tech services that should be seized.

Mine and Industry

Giant Iranian car maker eyes exports to Russia

Iran Khodro CEO Mehdi Khatibi announced the manufacturer’s ambitions for Russia’s market as both countries reel under Western economic sanctions.

Mine and Industry

Iran’s four-month tire output tops 8 million

Domestic tire manufacturing companies produced 8.15 million tires in the first four months of the current fiscal year (March 21-July 22), registering a 1% growth compared with the corresponding period of last year, IRNA reported.

Mine and Industry

Joint auto production by Iran, Russia, China proposed

Referring to the chance for the Iranian automakers and spare part producers to find a place in the Russian market, an Iranian auto industry figure proposed launching a platform by Iran, Russia and China for joint auto production.

Mine and Industry