auto industry

Iran becomes world 11th largest automaker in 2022

European Automobile Manufacturers’ Association (ACEA), in its latest annual report, has ranked Iran as the world’s 11th largest automaker in 2022, IRIB reported.

Mine and Industry

Major Iranian carmaker signs deal for exports to Russia

Iran’s second largest carmaker Saipa has finalized a contract to launch exports to Russia amid efforts by Iranian automotive companies to expand their presence in the Russian car market.

Mine and Industry

Iran expected to become world’s 14th-largest car manufacturer by late March

Iran, which ranked 19th among world car manufacturers last year, is expected to rise to the 14th spot by late March, according to a senior industry official.

Mine and Industry

Iran produces over 18.4 million car tires in nine months

Iranian tire manufacturers produced 18,420,876 car tires in the first nine months of the current Iranian calendar year (November 22-December 21, 2022), rising two percent from the output in the same period of time in the previous year.

Mine and Industry

Iran’s top carmaker unveils new version of its EF engine

Iran’s largest carmaker the Iran Khodro Company (IKCO) has unveiled a new version of its flagship EF engine as it moves ahead with plans to diversify its models and improve emissions standards of its powertrains.

Mine and Industry

1st shipment of imported cars arrive in Iran

Iran’s first shipment of imported cars arrived in the country’s southern port of Lengeh last night, according to the spokesman of the Ministry of Industry, Mine and Trade.

Mine and Industry

Iran plans for imports of 200,000 cars in six months

Spokesman of Iran’s Ministry of Industry, Mine and Trade said on Tuesday that the ministry has plans to import as many as 200,000 of cars within the next six months.

Mine and Industry

Iran’s imported cars not to belong to economy class

Economy cars are a priority for imports, but in case costlier cars are imported, they will be subject to the luxury car tax, the Ministry of Industries, Mines and Agriculture has announced.

Trade

Iran denies ban on car imports from China

Iran says there will be no ban on car imports from China like one imposed on French suppliers.

Mine and Industry

Iran produces over 16 million tires in eight months

Iranian tire manufacturers produced over 16.279 million car tires in the first eight months of the current Iranian calendar year (March 21-November 21), rising two percent from the output in the same period of time in the previous year.

Mine and Industry