auto industry

Iran to unveil first budget car in early 2023

Iran will unveil a first home-made budget car in early 2023, says a senior government official, amid plans to boost the quality of cars produced inside the country and to make them more affordable for the public.

Mine and Industry

Major Iranian automakers produce over 867,000 cars in year to March

Three major Iranian carmakers, namely Iran Khodro Company (IKCO), SAIPA Group, and Pars Khodro, manufactured 867,363 vehicles during the previous Iranian calendar year 1400 (ended on March 20), IRNA reported.

Mine and Industry

Major Iranian automakers plan to increase output in Persian new year

Two major Iranian automakers – Iran Khodro Company (IKCO) and Saipa Group – say they have plans to increase their output during the Persian new year which began on March 21.

Mine and Industry

Iran’s 11-month auto output tops 902,000

Iranian automakers produced over 902,000 unit of different types of cars in the first 11 months of the current fiscal year (March 21, 2021 – February 19, 2022), according to the latest data released by the Ministry of Industry, Mine and Trade.

Mine and Industry

Iran to resume auto imports as of mid-May

Iran’s Minister of Industry, Mines, and Trade Reza Fatemi Amin said on Sunday that the country would resume car imports as of mid-May.

Trade

Iran unveils 1st domestically made all-electric car

An Iranian automotive company has unveiled a first all-electric vehicle (EV) in the country under the commercial name of the Oxygen.

Mine and Industry

Iran president calls on domestic automakers to make budget car

Iranian President Ebrahim Raeisi has ordered the launch of at least one home-made budget car model as part of his strategies to reform the domestic car manufacturing sector in Iran.

Mine and Industry

Iran’s 11-month auto output up 7% YOY

Three major Iranian carmakers, namely Iran Khodro Company (IKCO), SAIPA Group, and Pars Khodro, manufactured 828,698 vehicles during the first 11 months of the current Iranian calendar year (March 21, 2021-February 19, 2022), up 7.3 percent compared to the figure for the previous year’s same period.

Mine and Industry

Iran’s auto making tops 760,000 cars in 10 months

Some 760,527 cars were produced by three main Iranian automakers – Iran Khodro, Saipa Group, and Pars Khodro – over the first 10 months of the current Iranian calendar month (March 21, 2021 – January 20, 2022), according to latest official statistics.

Mine and Industry

Iran’s nine-month car production increases 2.3%

Car manufacturing in Iran witnessed 2.3 percent growth during the nine months to December 21, 2021, compared to the corresponding figure of last year.

Mine and Industry